The Bathford Society

Picture: Sycamore House (D. Howells 2006)

Sycamore House

Sycamore House stands in Church Street at its junction with Pump Lane, adjacent to the old village pump.

The site was purchased by Walter Wiltshire from Robert Fisher in 1746 and the building was known as 'the Well tenement'. It was the site of the farmhouse of Manor Farm until about 1890.

The building was also the home of the Dyson family and the bagless vacuum cleaner was invented here.

Source: Bathford Past and Present
© Bathford Society 2007 | Sources | Copyright | Privacy Policy | Site Layout | Technical | Contact Us