The Bathford Society
The society started as the Bathford Local History Society in 1975 and was renamed later to reflect its wider scope covering environmental matters affecting the Parish.
Our President is Fae Hall and our Vice President is Tony Cox of Mumfords Vineyard, Bannerdown.
Who are we?
• The Society is a Registered Charity dealing with matters of interest to the Parish of Bathford
• Anyone can be a member. We currently have around 70 members, most of whom live in the parish.
• There is a committee that plans and organises talks and carries out local history research.
What do we do?
• We run an Annual Programme of Talks by local speakers on a wide variety of topics with a local history interest.
• We collect local history material and promote and carry out Local History research using our own extensive archives of documents, research papers, maps, photographs and books.
• We hold exhibitions in the Parish Hall from time to time using selections from our archive material.
Meetings are held in The Parish Hall, Bathford from 8pm on the last Monday of the month according to the programme.
The programme is published in August/September and lasts from September until the following April.
Membership costs £6 per year
The Society keeps a record of the name and contact details for members and guests who attend a talk. Click on Privacy Notice for details.
Our Committee Members are: